Tunnels are a key part of many transport infrastructures. Whether for road, rail, power utilities, public use or service vehicles only, they keep cities moving and communities connected.
Engineering reliable communications systems and deploying them in tunnels requires detailed planning and expert execution. From extensive radio propagation testing, to integrating with mobile phone carriers and commercial radio broadcasters; planning a network that runs underground calls for a wealth of specialised knowledge and experience.
What is our approach?
Simoco Wireless Solutions specialises in developing bespoke and multi-faceted unified communications systems for use in challenging environments, like tunnels – from system design and planning, through installation and delivery of infrastructure projects, to ongoing maintenance and support.
What are the results?
We understand the diverse and dynamic challenges faced by organisations managing tunnels; our approach combines voice and data transmission across resilient unified networks. We consolidate communications to wider transport networks and third parties such as emergency services with specific tunnel environments. We continually work to meet the robust safety standards and potentially hazardous environmental conditions of tunnels – all over the world.
Features / Benefits
- Bespoke combinations of voice and data are unified across a single sophisticated communications network
- Remote monitoring services, alarm and broadcast capabilities
- Multiple communications channels including AM, FM, PMR channels for use by maintenance operators often known at the TMC channel analogue (PMR) and Digital (DMR) for Fireground, Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA / Airwave) mobile phone operators and ESN in 900, 1800, 2100 MHz
- Rapid identification of any problems on the communications network
- To ensure the system is always on Simoco provides planned preventive maintenance and 24/7/365 reactive maintenance.