What are voice and data networks?
The increasing demands of smart grid systems mean that data is now essential to a growing number of applications. Telemetry systems and the data they send is key to providing greater automated control capabilities advanced monitoring and greater reliability for companies in the utilities sectors and other industries.
Such telemetry systems provide access to real-time measurement data for operational decision making. This provides utility companies with the ability to detect and manage operational events, optimise processes, maximise outputs and improve the lifecycle of assets.
Simoco Wireless Solutions’ Pulse communications network allows organisations that currently utilise a range of different technologies for telemetry communications (cellular, unlicensed radio and WLAN) to put a single infrastructure in place.
The Pulse network can also be used to deliver reliable voice communications, as well as acting as a gateway to the growing number of Internet of Things (IoT) devices found across the grid, resulting in smarter asset management through one unified network.
Our telemetry systems provide enhanced reliability, greater scalability, improved coverage, reduced operating costs and easier integration as a result of our Xd solution; a single, private network based on Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) technology.
The benefits of the Xd network include enhanced coverage across vast operational regions and the ability to quickly scale the solution to add tens of thousands of devices to the network. When compared to public cellular services, it delivers improved resilience, contention, security, group communications and performance.
- Reliability - fully resilient, distributed architecture using licensed frequencies
- Scalability - fully scalable Simoco Xd infrastructure, designed for tens of thousands of devices
- Cost effective - low operating costs achieved through CAPEX investment and consistent dependability
- Improved coverage - wider range of coverage for the entire operational region keeping you constantly connected
- Ease of integration - RTUs can seamlessly share the system with voice and other data users
- Provision of voice and data across a single resilient platform